What You will Learn in the Earned Value Management Training?
The target audience for the program are professionals interested in understanding and implementing Earned Value Management for progress reporting
- To understand and apply the concept of Earned Value Management
- Define Earned value and Earned Value Management System
- Understand the benefits of using EVM
- Describe and understand the basic EVM Terminology
- Understand the basic elements of Earned Value Method
- To be able to implement EVM within a typical project
- List the planning elements that are essential to setting up projects for Earned Value reporting
- Understand the Earned Value formulas and demonstrate how to apply them correctly
- Demonstrate how to apply Earned Value to status current project performance and forecast project completion
- Be able to describe how to measure progress & cost against plan and produce performance metrics
- Use Microsoft Project to see how EVM can be implemented using a software
What is Earned Value Management Course about?
Earned Value Management is a project control process based on a structured approach to planning, cost collection and performance measurement. It facilitates the integration of project scope, time and cost objectives and the establishment of a baseline plan for performance measurement. Earned Value Management concepts are included in the PMBOK and are tested on the Project Management Professional PMP Certification Exam. APMG UK also offers Earned Value Management Certification Exam which is a good qualification to have. The establishment of a Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) is essential to conducting successful EVM and consists of:
- Defined scope and assumptions
- Activities scheduled in logical sequence
- Resources / costs (labour and materials)
Why use Earned Value Management?
- EVM is the best way to determine the real status of a project. As well as telling you how much you have spent, it shows you how much you have achieved. Further, it tells you how much you still need to do and provides a good indication of final costs and expected completion dates
- EVM provides an objective measurement of what has been achieved on a project
- EVM enables accurate forecasting
- EVM is an Early Warning System that allows the timely identification and analysis of progress and cost issues and corrective actions to be identified
- EVM shows stakeholders whether they’re getting Value For Money
- EVM enables detailed project comparisons across programmes
- EVM can be used on a wide range of project sizes and complexity
- Improves the way you manage your Projects
Who Should Attend the APMG EVM Certification Course?
The target audience for the program are professionals interested in understanding and implementing Earned Value Management for progress reporting including Project Managers, Team Managers, Executives, Portfolio Managers, Sponsors, Project Leaders, Project Co-ordinators, Program and Delivery Managers, Quality Staff (Testing and Quality Assurance), PMP, PRINCE2®, Testers and Project Controller (PMO Office) and those who want to attend training workshops to earn Professional Development Units [PDU] for their continued learning.
Total: 2 days
Classroom Course: 1
This is a blended learning program and uses a mix of classroom and online. Online Course is one day to do the pre-course and post course activities.
- Classroom in both public and corporate
- Online Interactive
Eligibility Criteria for the Earned Value Management Certification Course
A basic understanding of project management and/or financial management, project planning and scheduling and basic concepts on scope, time and cost planning and management.
|Program Outline & Topics covered in the APMG Certification Exam|
- Pre-Course Reading Material
- Student Handbook
- Crosswords and Quizzes
- Assignment and Exercises
- Project Case Study
- Useful Templates and Formula Sheets
Benefits of doing this Course
- It provides data to measure project status objectively
- It provides a basis for estimating final cost
- It predicts when the project will be complete
- Supports the effective management of resources
- It helps manage and control change
- It enables informed and effective decision making by knowing
- What has been achieved of the plan
- What it has cost to achieve the planned work
- If the work achieved is costing more or less than was planned
- If the project is ahead or behind the planned schedule
APMG Earned Value Management Certification Exam Overview
- 40 Simple and Complex multiple-choice questions
- 60 minutes duration
- 26 correct answers out of 40 are required to pass (65%)
- The exam is currently paper
- Accredited Training Organisation ATO for PRINCE2® and Agile Project Management Certification and Trainings
- Trained over 5000+ professionals on best practice project management
- Accredited and Experienced Trainers
- Hands-on training based on real time project scenarios
- 2500+ Certified Professionals
- Designed with maximum interactive group workshops
- We don’t just talk about theory, we ‘walk the talk’
- You take away with valuable course material, hand outs and templates to support you on your projects
- We help you take it beyond trainings and implement it
- You earn contact hours PDU to retain your PMP certificate
Earned Value Management Certification Training Course and Workshop is offered across India in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Indore.
Delegates from Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, China, Dubai, Middle East, Abu Dhabi, India, South Africa, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Germany, USA and Canada can attend the training from there desktops by attending live online instructor led training course.