Great training. Course material and Templates were comprehensive and useful. I found the videos were well made. Keep it up! – Hitesh Shah
Six Sigma Green Belt online training and certification is a hands-on course on Six Sigma that covers the DMAIC cycle tools and techniques, templates using a project case study to learn how Six Sigma can be used for process improvement. This course also focuses on how to maximize customer value while eliminating waste. The ultimate goal is to provide perfect value to the customer through value creation that has zero defects using some of the proven LEAN tools and techniques.
This training leads participants to take APMG Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Exam.
“Excellent to have such wonderful course. It gives correct knowledge and skills to manage projects in a controlled environment. Ashish is a REAL Trainer I should say quite specific and to the point.” - Vijay Kumar
Providing a quality product is the overall goal of the Quality Assurance Function. Quality Assurance ensures that the planned and systematic activities are implemented in a quality system in order to achieve the quality requirements of a product or service. Six Sigma Quality Training focuses on many aspects of Quality Assurance to ensure every process within a business is working efficiently and how Quality Assurance can drive Quality Projects using LEAN/Six Sigma techniques for achieving better productivity through continuous improvements – reducing defects and eliminating wastes.
Six Sigma is a methodology focused on creating breakthrough improvements by managing variation and reducing defects in processes across the enterprise. It helps organizations deliver business excellence, higher customer satisfaction, and superior profits. Today Six Sigma focus has moved from simple defect reduction to value creation by achieving operational excellence.
Total Duration : 16 hours
Days : 2
Duration: 8 hours/per day
- Understanding Voice of Customer, Critical to Quality mapping
- Translating VOC to Business case, Problem and Goal statement
- Project Selection
- Finalizing the CTQ
- Creation of Project Charter
- Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Project scoping with Process Mapping – SIPOC
- Understanding CTQ Performance Characteristics
- Measurement system analysis
- Data Types & collection plan (Continuous & Discrete, Sampling)
- Basic Statistics (Mean, Median, Standard Deviation, Quartiles)
- Process Capability Analysis (DPU, DPMO, Sigma Level, Cp/Cpk)
- Identifying X’s using Cause & Effect analysis (Ishikawa Diagram or Fishbone Diagram)
- Understanding Null & Alternate Hypothesis Testing
- Relationship between variables (Correlation, Scatter diagram)
- Tests of means, variances and proportions (t-tests, ANOVA, Chi- Square)
- Finding critical X’s using graphical techniques like Pareto’s analysis
- Failure modes and effect analysis (FMEA)
- Idea generation through Brainstorming, Creative thinking & Benchmarking
- Comparing alternative solutions
- Selecting best Solution using tools like Pugh Matrix
- Introduction to Design of Experiments
- Validation and Implementation of Improved process
- Understanding RACI Matrix
- Statistical process control (IMR, Xbar-R, C, U, P, NP charts)
- Mistake proofing
- Sustaining improvements (Creating Control Plan, Documentation)
- Project closure
ProjectingIT will facilitate this exam for participants or participants can directly coordinate with APMG to take the exam or through British Council.
- Number of Questions: 55
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Pass mark: 60 %
- Question pattern: Multiple choice; Objective Type Question Paper
ProjectingIT has a wide range of Six Sigma and Quality Management training and certification courses to choose from including Overview of Six Sigma, Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Six Sigma Green Belt, Six Sigma Black Belt, Data Analysis, Problem Solving and Lean Management.
ProjectingIT have experienced trainers who are expert Six Sigma Black Belts and practitioners themselves and have lived the life. The course is very interactive and engages participants through discussion, project case studies, workshops and techniques.
What is Green Belt and how it is different from Yellow and Black Belts?
Green Belt – Provides in depth knowledge of Six Sigma DMAIC methodology including tools, techniques, templates and checklists that will help the participant to start taking up improvement projects.
Yellow Belt – Provides an overview about quality and basic understanding about Six Sigma methodology.
Black Belt – This is an advanced training with an objective to prepare the Green Belts to the next level. It provides a thorough understanding of all aspects of the DMAIC model in accordance with Six Sigma principles. It also provides the basic knowledge of Lean concepts help them to identify non-value-added elements and activities to improve the process efficiency by bringing down the cost.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is interested in knowing the best practices in improving service and project quality, effective techniques for process improvement, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Team Leaders, Senior Developers, Test Managers, Test Leads, Project Leaders, Solutions Architect, System Analysts, Senior Testers and those who would like to start up a career in quality and process management.