What You will Learn?
In this course, you do a case study on software development project. Interactive activities provide you with actual project experience that forms a foundation for your next project.
- The role of Project Manager and others in Software Project Management and Development
- Software Project Life Cycle, Phases and Deliverables
- Software Development Methodologies – Waterfall, SCRUM, Agile, Iterative, XP
- Project Management Standards and Best Practices in PRINCE2® and PMBOK
- Developing, Maintaining and Verifying the Business Case to Justify Project
- Designing Project Team, Organization Chart, Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifying and Managing Project Stakeholders
- Eliciting initial requirements from input documents
- Scripting user stories and brief versions of use cases
- Using Iterations and Progressive Elaboration
- Defining Project Scope and Work Break down Structure
- Identifying & Refining Estimates using Top down, Bottom up, Experts, Planning Poker
- Determining Project Resources, Assigning Resources and Developing Resource Management Plan
- Understanding Project Environment, Onshore vs Offshore and Culture Differences
- Develop, Manage and Control the Project Schedule using Microsoft Project
- Describe the measurement and metrics required for managing software projects
- Selecting the Contract type and Managing Contracts
- Preparing & Managing Communication Management Plan to ensure Stakeholders interests are managed
- Ensuring Project Deliverables are Prepared as agreed and Signed off by Stakeholders
- Reporting Progress and Project Status Review Meetings
- Build critical metrics and use them to manage your projects
- Plan and Manage Project Risks and Issues
- Stage Gate, End Phase Reviews and Sign offs
- System Test and UAT Management
- Develop the skills for tracking and controlling software deliverables
- Build an effective and committed team and keep them motivated day to day
- Production Release Management and Hand over to Support
- Project Closure and Review
What is this Course about?
In this course, you do a case study on software development project. Interactive activities provide you with actual project experience that forms a foundation for your next project. Activities include: Reaching a consensus on project goals and deliverables. Assessing your project for strategic risk: anticipating problems before they occur, Choosing the SDLC that best meets your needs, Creating an effective project plan: accomplishing the goal with the team’s buy-in, Managing change, Controlling the project day to day and Extracting best practices for future projects.
Who Should Attend?
Project Managers, Team Leaders, Senior Managers, Senior Developers, Testers, Software Solutions Architect, Technical Architect, Business Analysts, Engagement Managers, Delivery Managers and anyone who uses or wishes to understand project management best practices and managing projects on a day‐today basis.
Classroom Course: 3 days
- Classroom in both public and corporate
- Online Interactive
|Program Outline & Topics|
- Pre-Course Reading Material
- Student Handbook
- Crosswords and Quizzes
- Assignment and Exercises
- Case Study Projects
- Useful Project Management Templates and Review Checklists
Benefits of doing this Course
Software development projects are often complex, multifaceted, and evolving through a constant state of change. Guiding these projects successfully requires solid team management and effective project controls. This course provides the tools necessary to organize project objectives, create realistic plans, and build and manage an accomplished team through every phase of the SDLC. You gain the practical skills needed to meet today’s demands for faster and cheaper development.
COMPTIA IT Project+ Certification Exam – Qualification Overview
- CompTIA Project+ is a globally recognized project management certification that identifies qualified and quality project managers
- CompTIA Project+ validates that project managers have the necessary skills to complete projects on time and within budget. The exam covers the entire project life cycle from initiation and planning through execution, acceptance, support and closure.
- Online Objective testing format
- Number of Questions = 100
- Duration is 1.5 hours
- Accredited Training Organisation ATO for PRINCE2® and Agile Project Management Certification and Trainings
- Trained over 5000+ professionals on best practice project management
- Accredited and Experienced Trainers
- Hands-on training based on real time project scenarios
- 2500+ Certified Professionals
- Designed with maximum interactive group workshops
- We don’t just talk about theory, we ‘walk the talk’
- You take away with valuable course material, hand outs and templates to support you on your projects