This course on Setting up and running a Project Management Office often called as PMO is based on the best practices, tools, techniques and templates used in PMBOK, PRINCE2, AGILE and other popular project management best practices
Course Description: Overview of Project Management Office PMO Training Course
The Project Management Office PMO – a successful Project Management Office (PMO) that contributes to the effective management of projects and the achievement of business benefits. This course focuses on the challenges that are important to you and explores the best practices and trends to improve communication, cut costs and optimize resource utilization. You will learn how to prioritize projects, and monitor progress and budgets on a continual basis. You will take away key documents from the course that can be used immediately at your workplace.
This course is best on the best practices, tools, techniques and templates used in PMBOK, PRINCE2 and other popular project management best practices and also brings also Microsoft Project and Share Point for the software tool part of it.
What You Will Learn in projectingIT’s PMO training course:
- Why a PMO is required
- Justifying investment on a PMO / ROI and Business Case
- Portfolios, Program and Project Offices
- The function of a PMO
- Roadmap for implementing a PMO
- Type of PMO models
- How to gain value from a PMO
- Standardize project management methodologies, processes and templates
- Automate and centralize project management processes and performance measures
- Enhance alignment of project management with portfolio management
- Project management maturity model
- Gap analysis to determine the current practice level
- Use of softwares such as Microsoft Project Sever 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint
- Organization wide controls and monitoring and reporting policy
- Project and Programme dashboards
- Project Metrics management
- Setting up Knowledge repository for lessons and project data
- Developing ongoing training and educational plans
- Project governance
- Continuous improvement
- Project reviews and audits
Who Should Attend:
Project managers, Program Managers, PMO Staff, Project Office Staff, Process Analysts, QA, SEPG members and anyone involved in Project Management and especially those who want to sharpen their skills in managing a project and portfolios. Those who want to set-up a PMO function and develop or improve the project management methodology in their organization will be benefited by attending this course.
PMO – Project Management Office Certification Training Course and Workshop is offered across India in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Indore.
Delegates from Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, China, Dubai, Middle East, Abu Dhabi, India, South Africa, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Germany, USA and Canada can attend the Virtual PMO and Project Management Office training course workshop from there desktops by attending live online instructor led training course.