What you will learn in the P3O certification training course?
The purpose of the APMG P3O Foundation & Practitioner Qualification is to confirm the delegate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidance to interact effectively with, or act as an informed member.
- Why have a P3O?
- Understand the P3O model
- Project management concepts
- Programme management concepts
- Portfolio management concepts
- Differentiate between Portfolio, Programmes and Projects
- Learn key terms and definitions
- P3O maturity model
- Understand major roles and their responsibilities
- Describe tools and techniques used by a P3O
- Produce a Business Case
- Build the right P3O model that suits the organisation culture and style
- Define the scope of the P3O model
- Plan the P3O model
- Produce a P3O blueprint
- Learn P3O techniques like – Portfolio Optimization, Business process swimlanes, management dashboards, project complexity modelling
- Implement a P3O
Benefits of P3O – Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices
- Doing right projects and programmes
- Doing projects and programmes right
- Strategic alignment of projects and programmes
- Effective and optimized resource management
- Support decision making and governance
- Advising on skills and capability assessments
- Supporting the business case process
- Ensure projects and programmes are delivered within agreed constraints
- Guidance on how to implement a P3O
- Tools and techniques for running a P3O
APMG Qualifications Scheme for P3O
P3O Foundation Certification
The purpose of the Foundation Qualification is to confirm the delegate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidance to interact effectively with, or act as an informed member. Foundation Certification passing is required for P3O Practitioner Certification.
Structure of APMG P3O Foundation Certification Exam:
- Multiple Choice
- 50 questions per paper
- 30 marks required out of total 50 [60%]
- Duration – 40 minutes
- Closed book
P3O Practitioner Certification
The purpose of P3O Practitioner certification is to confirm the delegates have sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor the P3O guidance.
Practitioner Exam Preparation
- Case study – APMG Portfolio Scenarios
- Working on APMG sample exam papers
Structure of APMG P3O Practitioner Certification Exam:
- Objective testing
- 7 questions / total 70 marks
- 35 marks required out of total 70 [50%]
- Duration – 2.5 hours
- Open book – Only use of P3O guide is permitted
Free Download P3O Syllabus here.
- View details of the P3O – Portfolio, Programme and Project Office Official OGC Manual
- View P3O presentation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Successful Candidate Register for P3O results
- View APMG P3O brochure
About P3O – Project, Program and Portfolios Management Course
projectingIT has collaborated with Scoll Methods to provide the P3O guidance – aligned to the Cabinet Office’s PRINCE2, MSP, and M_o_R – brings together in one place a set of principles, processes and techniques to facilitate effective portfolio, programme and project management through enablement, challenge and support structures.
Portfolio, Programme and Project Office (P3O) is a best management practice qualification from the Cabinet Office and aligned to PRINCE2, MSP and M_O_R. P3O combines principles, processes and techniques to facilitate effective portfolio, programme and project management through enablement, challenge and support structures.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is interested in knowing the best practices and techniques in portfolio, programmes and project management, Project Managers, Programme Managers, Engagement Managers, Senior Managers, Executives, PMO, Project Office, Project Support staff, SEPG, Process Managers.
P3O Certification Training Course Workshop Locations in INDIA:
projectingIT offers the P3O course through open workshops classes and customized courses for in-house corporate customers. You can choose to attend the course from following locations:-
P3O Certification Training Course City:-
- Mumbai – Navi Mumbai, Andheri – Hotel VITS
- Pune – Koregaon Park, Deccan
- Bangalore – Hotel Solitaire, Race Course Road, Bengaluru
- Chennai – T Nagar
- Hyderabad – Amir Peth
- Kolakata – Salt Lake City
- Delhi – Hotel Rockland
- Gurgaon in NCR
- Noida in NCR
Alternatively, you can take the course through online, elearning, virtual live classroom training in a self paced distance learning format. This offers more flexibility and affordable costs. We provide PDU for this course.
Delegates from Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, China, Dubai, Middle East, Abu Dhabi, India, South Africa, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Germany, USA and Canada can attend the P3O certification training course workshop from there desktops by attending live online instructor led training course.