What you will learn?
The purpose of the APMG MoP™ Foundation & Practitioner Qualification is to confirm the delegate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Portfolio Management to take up the roles within Portfolio Management or Portfolio Office.
- Understand what is Portfolio Management
- Learn the key terms and definitions
- Portfolio management model
- The 5 principles of portfolio management
- Portfolio management cycles, practices and techniques
- Benefits of portfolio management
- Define the 5 steps to defining a portfolio and 7 steps to delivering a portfolio
- Use analysis techniques to categorize and prioritise initiatives
- Learn how to balance the portfolio
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within portfolio management
- Create a Portfolio Strategy
- Create a Portfolio Delivery Plan
- Stakeholder engagement
- Organisational governance
- Resource management
- Benefits management
- Understand the steps in Business Change
- Perform Investment Appraisal
- Use various techniques to report progress to stakeholders
- Apply risk, finance, resource and communication management processes
Benefits of MoP – Management of Portfolios for Organisation
- Investing in “right” projects
- Identify and remove duplication of projects and programmes
- Effective management of project and programmes dependencies and risks
- Improved benefits realisation
- Better accountability and governance
Benefits of MoP – Management of Portfolios for Individuals
- Understanding of Portfolio Management
- Understand the Portfolio life cycle, practices and techniques
- Learn approaches to investment identification, prioritisation and selection
- Gain sufficient knowledge and understanding to take up the portfolio roles
Qualifications Offered APMG on MoP
MoP Foundation Certification
The purpose of the Foundation Qualification is to confirm the delegate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Portfolio Management to take up the roles within Portfolio Management or Portfolio Office. Foundation Certification passing is required for MoP Practitioner Certification.
Structure of APMG MoP Foundation Certification Exam:
- Multiple Choice
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required out of total 50 [50%]
- Duration – 40 minutes
- Closed book
MoP Practitioner Certification
The purpose of MoP Practitioner certification is to confirm the delegates have sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor the MoP guidance and to analyse portfolio data, documentation and roles in relation to a scenario situation.
Practitioner Exam Preparation
- Case study – APMG Portfolio Scenarios
- Working on APMG sample exam papers
Structure of APMG MoP Practitioner Certification Exam:
- Objective testing
- 4 questions / 20 marks per question
- 40 marks required out of total 80 [50%]
- Duration – 3 hours
- Open book – Only use of MoP guide is permitted
Free Download MoP Management of Portfolio Syllabus
About MoP – Management of Portfolio Course
projectingIT has collaborated with Scoll Methods to bring you the best practice in Portfolio Management. the MoP guide is a set of processes and decisions that controls projects, programmes and change initiatives at a strategic level. It aligns the projects and programmes to strategy and goals of the organisation.
The MoP course provides a framework made up of practices, techniques, processes to deliver initiatives including the management of benefits, risk and resources.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is interested in knowing the best practices and techniques in portfolio management, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Programme Managers, Account Managers, Engagement Managers, Senior Managers, Executives, Finance Managers, Business Unit heads.
MoP Certification Training Course Workshop Locations in INDIA:
projectingIT offers the MoP course through open workshops classes and customized courses for in-house corporate customers. You can choose to attend the course from following locations:-
MoP Certification Training Course City:-
- Mumbai – Navi Mumbai, Andheri – Hotel VITS
- Pune – Koregaon Park, Deccan
- Bangalore – Hotel Solitaire, Race Course Road, Bengaluru
- Chennai – T Nagar
- Hyderabad – Amir Peth
- Kolakata – Salt Lake City
- Delhi – Hotel Rockland
- Gurgaon in NCR
- Noida in NCR
Alternatively, you can take the course through online, elearning, virtual live classroom training in a self paced distance learning format. This offers more flexibility and affordable costs. We provide PDU for this course.