What You will Learn?
The goal of this intensive course is for you to learn how to use and optimize, implement and configure, support and maintain Project Server for your organization.
- The exam objectives and requirement for Microsoft TS: 70 – 177 Microsoft Project Server 2010, Configuring Certification examination
- Understand the Role of Project Manager
- Understand Project Server terminology and core system components
- Describe the project communication life cycle used with Project Server
- Understand the administration interface in Project Web App
- Create a Project Server login account in Project Professional 2010
- Configure custom enterprise fields, Lookup Tables, and calendars
- Configure the Project Server demand and lifecycle management features and understand how they are used in an overall Portfolio Management process
- Add resources to the Enterprise Resource Pool
- Specify the initial configuration options for Project Server
- Configure time and task tracking settings
- Configure Project Server security using Groups and Categories
- Import enterprise templates and existing projects into Project Server
- Build OLAP Cube and resource availability information
- Create custom views in both Project Web App and Project Professional 2010
- Manage Microsoft SharePoint Server and Project Sites
- Modify Project Web App pages and create new Project Site templates
- Configure Business Intelligence features and build custom Excel-based reports and interactive dashboards
- Manage the Project Server database, including checking in and backing up projects, and cleaning up the Project Server database
What is this Course about?
The goal of this intensive course is for you to learn how to use and optimize, implement and configure, support and maintain Project Server for your organization. You will gain the skills to use the tool effectively to manage enterprise projects and portfolios. You will learn real-world, best practices for achieving your success. This course covers everything you need to know – analyzing, planning, implementing, configuring, managing and installing.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone who serves as an Enterprise Project Management Administrator. The course is for both technical Project Server implementers and non-technical analysts. The course can be attended by anyone including Project Manager, Functional Managers, Team Leaders, IT Managers, PMO Staff, Project Support, Consultants, Business Analysts, Server Administrators, Windows Administrators, Database Administrators and those who are responsible for the implementation and management of the Microsoft Project Server.
|Program Outline & Topics|
- Student Handbook
- Assignment and Exercises
- Project Case Study
Project Server implementers taking this intensive hands-on course learn how to properly configure and maintain Project Server 2010 using both Project Professional 2010 and the Project Web App interface. Administrators also learn how to manage the integration points between Project Server 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010, as well as how to configure project collaboration sites and business intelligence features. Learn from instructors who have real-world experience in deploying Project Server across many industries.
Microsoft TS: Microsoft Project Server 2010, Configuring Certification Exam 70-177 – Overview
- Candidates for this exam are experienced in implementing and supporting the Microsoft Project Server 2010 solution and also have experience with Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 technology.
- Candidates for this exam are responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of a Project Server 2010 implementation.
- Candidates for this exam typically work as an Enterprise Project Management (EPM) consultant, a project server administrator, an IT professional, or a developer
- First Accredited Training Organisation ATO for Agile Project Management & PRINCE2® Certification and Trainings
- Trained over 5000+ professionals on best practice project management
- Accredited and Experienced Trainers
- Hands-on training based on real time project scenarios
- 2500+ Certified Professionals
- Designed with maximum interactive group workshops
- We don’t just talk about theory, we ‘walk the talk’
- You take away with valuable course material, hand outs and templates to support you on your projects
- Hands-on course based on real time scenarios and case studies
- projectingIT are experts in Microsoft Project Server 2010 Training