What You will Learn?
This course shows you to drive the tool through each stage of the project management life cycle and offers multiple best practices for using the software while defining, planning, executing, and closing a project.
- Describe the stages of the project management process
- Understand the Microsoft Project user interface
- Understand the Microsoft Project Data Model as it relates to Views, Tables, Filters, and Groups
- Understand and use the Project Web App user interface
- Understand and use the Project Professional 2010 user interface
- Create a project Proposal and attach a Resource Plan to the Proposal
- Define and save a new enterprise project, open an enterprise project, and work with offline projects
- Perform basic task planning and understand how to properly use task dependencies and task constraints
- Add resources to a project team, assign resources to tasks, and level overallocated resources
- Analyze the Critical Path and Task Drivers
- Save a baseline and publish a project
- Manage project Deliverables
- Track time and task progress
- Use Outlook to track task progress
- Approve and update time, task progress, and administrative time requests
- Analyze project variance, revise a plan, and manage project changes
- Report on project progress using Visual Reports
- Manage personal settings
- Work with Risks, Issues, and Documents in a Project Site
- Create and manage Status Reports
- Analyze resource availability and view resource assignments in the Resource Center
- View the project portfolio in the Project Center
- Use views and reports in the Business Intelligence Center
What is this Course about?
This three-day course is designed to teach project managers how to effectively manage projects and resources in the Project Server 2010 environment. Participants will learn how to initiate proposals and projects in the Project Web App (PWA), collaborate with project sites, interact with display grids in the Project and Resource center, and manage task and timesheet updates. They will also learn how to work with the new Portfolio Management and Business Intelligence areas of Project Server 2010.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who manages projects using Microsoft Project 2010 should take this course. We target this course at project managers, as well as those who function as project schedulers, PMO Staff or project support technicians.
|Program Outline & Topics|
- Student Handbook
- Assignment and Exercises
- Project Case Study
- Templates and Checklists
- This course presents a good insight on how to implement Microsoft Project to create, update and control your projects using scheduling best practices. You’ll learn how-to and when-to use specific features to create effective schedules. The course is mapped to PMBOK® process groups and explains the corresponding Microsoft Project specific scheduling activities within that process groups. This course provides an in-depth treatment on using Microsoft Project 2010 with Microsoft Project Server 2010.
- Using hands-on exercises and following the project management life cycle of defining, planning, and executing, students learn how to manage enterprise projects effectively during each stage of the life cycle. In addition, this course teaches the student how to master the powerful new features in Microsoft Project 2010, such as Manually Scheduled tasks, the Team Planner and Timeline views, and cancelling a task using the Inactivate feature.
- First Accredited Training Organisation ATO for Agile Project Management & PRINCE2® Certification and Trainings
- Trained over 5000+ professionals on best practice project management
- Accredited and Experienced Trainers
- Hands-on training based on real time project scenarios
- 2500+ Certified Professionals
- Designed with maximum interactive group workshops
- We don’t just talk about theory, we ‘walk the talk’
- You take away with valuable course material, hand outs and templates to support you on your projects
- Hands-on course based on real time scenarios and case studies
- projectingIT are experts in EPM Microsoft Project Server 2010 Customized Training Courses and Workshops