What You will Learn?
The course is designed based on the guidelines provided in Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- Understand the Microsoft Project 2010 Interface
- Learn how to use Calendars, Templates, re-use Objects
- Learn WBS and how to define the Project Scope and Manage and Control the Scope
- Determine Project Estimates, Dependencies and Develop the Project Schedule
- Identify Resources, Assign Resources to Project Activities and Manage Resource Work loads
- Identify Project Critical path and fine tune Project Schedule
- Baseline the Project Plan and Manage and Control the Project Baseline
- Update and Report the Project Progress
- Use Microsoft Project Features to perform Daily Project Management Tasks
- Measure and Report Project Performance
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2010 Exam 70 – 178
What is this Course about?
projectingIT’s Project Planning & Scheduling Training Course gives you the foundation, techniques and tools to manage the various stages of the project life cycle, plan and execute project work within the set constraints of scope, time, cost and resource, set project targets, get the most from your project management team, and utilize state-of-the-art project management software to get the work done on time and within budget.
The course is designed based on the guidelines provided in Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). You’ll learn project management skills through case studies, hands-on exercises and practical experiences that can immediately be applied to your job.
Who Should Attend?
Project Managers, Team Leaders, Senior Managers and anyone who uses or wishes to implement Microsoft® Project on a day-to-day basis to schedule and manage a single project. Though it is aimed at new and intermediate users, even the proficient users will find it worthwhile.
|Program Outline & Topics|
- Step-by-Step How-to Instructions Courseware
- Case Study Project
- Scheduling Process Chart
- Scheduling Checklist
- Scheduling Guidelines
- Assessment Test
Why I should do this Course?
This course presents a good insight on how to implement Microsoft Project to create, update and control your projects using scheduling best practices. You’ll learn how-to and when-to use specific features to create effective schedules. The course is mapped to PMBOK® process groups and explains the corresponding Microsoft Project specific scheduling activities within that process groups. This course covers the topics and syllabus required to take and pass the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist [MCTS] : Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2010, the Microsoft Certification exam 70-178.
- Trained over 5000+ professionals on best practice project management and scheduling
- Experienced and Subject Matter Expert Trainers
- Hands-on training based on real time Project Scenarios
- Scenario based Step-by-Step Instructions Manual
- Guidelines / Checklist on Best Project Management and Scheduling Practices
- Post Training troubleshooting and hand holding