What You will Learn?
The course provides advanced knowledge and skills on using Microsoft Project. It covers techniques for fine tuning your schedules for time, cost and resources.
- Understand the Microsoft Project 2010 Interface
- Learn Best Practices in Planning and Scheduling using Microsoft Project and Checklists
- Learn Resource Planning, How to resolve Resource Workload, Re-Assignments and Performance Review
- Plan and Implement a Resource Pool to Manage all Resources
- Manage Multiple Projects and their Dependencies and Resource Assignments
- Fine Tune Project Plan using various Trade off on Project Scope, Time, Cost and Risk
- Baseline the Project Plan and Manage and Control the Project Baseline
- Tracking Best Practices
- Use Earned Value Management for Reporting
- Use Microsoft Project Features to perform Daily Project Management Tasks
- Customizing Microsoft Project 2010
- Prepare and pass the Microsoft Project 2010 Certification Exam leading to MCTS : Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2010 Exam 70-178
What is this Course about?
The course provides advanced knowledge and skills on using Microsoft Project. It covers techniques for fine tuning your schedules for time, cost and resources. You will learn how to customize Project for your environment using templates, configuring your own objects and spreading knowledge across your organization. We will discuss earned value techniques to measure your project performance.
In this course, project managers learn how to leverage Microsoft Project Professional or Standard in standalone mode to effectively collaborate and manage multiple projects and optimize resource assignments on multiple and complex projects. Project managers gain the skills to create cross-project links, develop shared resources, track and report status across multiple projects.
Who Should Attend?
Project Managers, Team Leaders, Senior Managers and anyone who uses or wishes to implement Microsoft® Project on a day-to-day basis to schedule and manage a single project. A hands on experience in creating and maintaining Microsoft Project schedules is required for this course.
|Program Outline & Topics
- Step-by-Step How-to Instructions Courseware
- Case Study Project
- Scheduling Process Chart
- Scheduling Checklist
- Scheduling Guidelines
- Assessment Test
Why I should do this Course?
This course presents a good insight on how to implement Microsoft Project to create, update and control your projects using scheduling best practices. You’ll learn how-to and when-to use specific features to create effective schedules. The course is mapped to PMBOK® process groups and explains the corresponding Microsoft Project specific scheduling activities within that process groups.
- Trained over 5000+ professionals on best practice project management and scheduling
- Experienced and Subject Matter Expert Trainers
- Hands-on training based on real time Project Scenarios
- Scenario based Step-by-Step Instructions Manual
- Guidelines / Checklist on Best Project Management and Scheduling Practices
- Post Training troubleshooting and hand holding