The purpose of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is to certify that the candidate has gained knowledge of the ITIL terminology, structure and basic concepts.
ITIL Intermediate Level
ITIL Intermediate level has a modular structure with each module holding a different focus. Candidates can take as few or as many Intermediate qualifications as they require, and to suit their needs. The Intermediate modules go into more detail than the Foundation level, and are an industry-recognised qualification.
Service Lifecycle Modules
If you are seeking a management/team leader role in your company that requires a broad management focus of ITIL practice areas and work across teams or manage multiple capability areas, the Service Lifecycle modules will be of interest to you:
- Service Strategy Qualification
- Service Design Qualification
- Service Transition
- Service Operation Qualification
- Continual Service Improvement
Service Capability Modules
If you are looking to gain intense, specialized, process-level knowledge in one or more process, with focus on the day-to-day execution of ITIL practices, the Service Capability modules will be of interest to you:
- Service Offerings and Agreements
- Release, Control and Validation
- Operational Support and Analysis
- Planning, Protection and Optimization
ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle Qualification
The ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle Qualification is a capstone module which is aimed at those candidates interested in achieving ITIL Expert Level, for which this module is a key requirement.
In taking MALC following units of earlier ITIL qualifications which span the full ITIL Service Lifecycle, a successful ITIL Expert candidate will not only hold a well rounded knowledge of ITIL, but they will also gain skills competencies in the following areas:
- Introduction to IT Service Management Business and Managerial Issues
- Managing the Planning and Implementation of IT Service Management
- Management of Strategic Change
- Risk Management
- Managerial Functions
- Understanding Organizational Challenges
- Lifecycle Project Assessment
- Understanding Complementary Industry Guidance
ITIL Expert Level
The ITIL Expert level of qualification is aimed at those individuals who are interested in demonstrating a superior level of knowledge of the ITIL Scheme in its entirety.
Achieving this level of ITIL qualification will benefit a candidate in both their personal and professional development, by aiding career advancement and progression within the IT Service Management field.
Candidates who achieve ITIL Expert level will also satisfy the prerequisite entry criteria for the ITIL Master Level; the highest level qualification within the ITIL scheme.
Achieving ITIL Expert Level
The ITIL qualifications scheme offers a modular approach to the ITIL framework. In this scheme, candidates are free to select from a variety of qualifications which focus on targeted areas of the ITIL Service Lifecycle to varying degrees of depth and specialism.
The flexibility of modules available means that candidates are free to tailor their own individual qualifications portfolio to their own personal and professional requirements.
For those candidates who decide to aim for ITIL Expert, the possible module combinations are many; however, there are some key requirements all candidates must meet, which are:
- All candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation certificate or a Bridge qualification equivalent.
- A total of 17 credits minimum must be achieved from ITIL Intermediate Level before the Managing Across the Lifecycle module can be taken.
- The Managing Across the Lifecycle module must be taken and passed once 17 credits have been earned to achieve a total of 22 credits minimum required for ITIL expert.
- Candidates should achieve a balanced knowledge base across the full ITIL service lifecycle.
- These requirements will ensure that all candidates who achieve ITIL Expert have successfully completed a series of qualifications which span all ITIL disciplines consistently.
- Once you have successfully completed all requisite ITIL modules and have earned sufficient credits, you will be awarded the ITIL Expert certificate.