The purpose of the APMG change management foundation and practitioner qualification is to assess if the delegates have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Change Management handbook.
Wise men said “Change alone is eternal, perpetual, immortal”!
This is a fact that change takes place all the time, but to ensure that the right changes happen, It requires skill and understanding of how change should be planned, managed and controlled!
A survey of Fortune 500 executives revealed that 67% ERP implementation did not realize its full process and systems benefits due to failure to address change Management issues.
According to Gartner findings, Enterprises that fail to prepare and support their workforces for major and continuing organizational change will miss business objectives by at least 30% and will experience turnover rates of at least 20% annually for their key knowledge and leadership workers.
The success or failure of any change initiatives depends on not only the business demand, strategic decision of top management but on attitudes, values, perception, beliefs of the people and their active participation. In change process human aspects play a crucial role in ensuring the change really happen.
To address this gaping need, working with Esther Cameron and Mike Green and building on the concepts in their book “Making Sense of Change Management”, APMG has developed a specialist qualification on ‘Change Management’ to help organizations and their people come to terms with these issues.
There is a two day course comprising the Change Management Foundation qualification, and a two-day Practitioner level qualification that builds on the material from the book and other sources.
The change management foundation and practitioner syllabus encourages you to learn about how change impacts on and is affected by:
- the Individual
- the Team
- the Organization
- the Change Leader
Benefits of Change Management
- Roles and responsibilities of those involved in the change effort are clearly defined.
- Ensures that relevant skills and experience are given appropriate activities to manage.
- Increases the success chances of change initiatives.
- Resources involved in making changes are saved by the right degree of assessment at the time when the change was conceived.
- Avoiding the activity of duplication , so no re-inventing the wheel
- Smooth and fast implementation of change by selecting and involving all stakeholders, estimating the impact on the workloads and people involved.
Takeaways from the ‘Change Management’ course
- You will learn what change means in a work environment and examine the impact of change on individuals, teams and the organization as a whole.
- You will understand the principles of change management, derived from collective wisdom of thinkers of the last 100 years and how they are applied when executing change programs.
- You will be able to anticipate the impact of change on individual and team productivity.
- You will be able to analyze different cultures and values that are affected by change in an organization.
- You will be aware of various models of organizational change and discriminate the advantages and disadvantages of each model.
- Customize Change Management approaches and techniques and tailor them to suit your organization.
Who should attend this training
Senior Management, PMO Managers, Programme Managers, Project Managers, Executives, Change Agents, Change Leaders/Facilitators
Change Management Foundation Certification Examination Training
The purpose of the APMG Foundation qualification is to assess if the delegates have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Change Management handbook to work in the change management team during a period of change within part or all of your organization. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
- Multiple choice objective style
- Four sections, total of 60 questions
- 30 marks required to pass (out of 60 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes duration
Change Management Practitioner Certification Examination Training
The purpose of the APMG Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the delegate have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and customize Change Management guidance in a given organizational change situation.
- Objective testing
- Four questions of 20 marks each
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- Three hours duration
- Open book – manual and candidate handbook only.
The 3rd Edition of the Change Management manual, Making Sense of Change Management by Esther Cameron and Mike Green was published on the 3rd May 2012.