What You will Learn?
Project Managers, Programme Managers, Delivery Mangers, Sponsors, Directors, Executive, Senior Managers, Board Members, PMO Staff, Engagement Manager, Account Managers and those who want to get into Programme Management.
- Enable more effective delivery of change
- Keep the focus on the business change objectives
- Provide a framework for senior management to direct the change process
- Encourage more efficient use of resources through project prioritisation and integration
- Provide better management of risk because the wider context is understood
- Achieve business benefits during and after the programme through a formal process
- Improve control of costs, standards and quality
- Enable more effective management of the Business Case
- Provide more efficient control of a complex range of activities
- Provide clear definition of roles and responsibilities
- Deliver a smooth transition from current to future business operation
What is this Course about?
“Programme Management may be defined as the co-ordinated organisation, direction and implementation of a portfolio of projects and activities that together achieve outcomes and realise benefits that are of strategic importance” Managing Successful Projects – MSP® seeks to bring about the change through the coordinated management of projects that achieves the strategic level objectives of the organisation. MSP is the widely accepted best-practice approach from the Office of Government Commerce (OGC). Managing Successful Programmes – MSP Foundation and Managing Successful Programmes Practitioner – MSP Practitioner Certification Courses from APMG are widely recognized across the world.
Foundation Course: 2 Days
Practitioner Course: 2 Days
Who Should Attend?
Project Managers, Programme Managers, Delivery Mangers, Sponsors, Directors, Executive, Senior Managers, Board Members, PMO Staff, Engagement Manager, Account Managers and those who want to get into Programme Management. Anyone who wants to take the APMG – MSP – Managing Successful Programmes Foundation and Practitioner Certification should consider attending this course to pass in the first try!
- Pre-Course Work
- Student Handbook
- Practice Questions
- MSP Foundation Exam
- MSP Practitioner Exam
- 35 PDU for participation in the Course
APMG MSP Managing Successful Programmes Certification Exam – Qualification Overview
Candidates have to pass the Foundation exam before attempting the Practitioner exam. Once candidates have passed the Foundation exam they may take their Practitioner examination. If a candidate wishes to sit the Advanced Practitioner examination before they have their results from the Practitioner exam, they may do so. However, MSP candidates who pass the Advanced Practitioner exam yet fail the Practitioner exam, must re-sit the Practitioner exam within 24 months to validate their Registered Advanced Practitioner Status. If the candidate does not complete within the 24 months, the candidate will be required to re-sit the Advanced Practitioner exam as well.
MSP Foundation Qualification Overview
- Multiple choice
- 75 questions per paper with 1 mark available per question
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book
MSP Practitioner Qualification Overview
- Objective testing
- 8 questions per paper, 80 marks available in total
- 40 marks required to pass – 50%
- Two-and-a-half hours duration
- Open-book (only the MSP Guide is allowed)
MSP Advanced Practitioner Qualification Overview
- Essay based
- 2 questions per paper, 75 marks available in total
- 38 marks required to pass – 50%
- Three hours duration
- Open-book (other material in the form of course notes, examples, copies of presentations, etc. can be used during this examination but no electronic aids, such as laptops, may be used)
Why Get Certified?
- Widely recognized Service Management Certification
- Certification increases your Marketability
- Approval of your knowledge of Service Management
- Proof of Professional Achievement
- Improves the way you manage your Projects and IT Services
- Better Job prospects in the recession time
No mandatory pre-requisites to attend the course. However prior experience with project management and working in a project environment is strongly recommended.
Benefits of using Managing Successful Programmes MSP
- Provides a common framework for all parties to work within – including the Client, Contractors and stakeholders
- Strong emphasis on the identification and realization of measurable benefits
- Strong Stakeholder Engagement focus ensuring that stakeholders have the opportunity to participate at the key times throughout life of the programme
- Clear communication links between the delivery team and the operational teams who will take ownership of the finished products
- Good governance is a significant part of the framework and is instituted throughout the programme
- MSP provides a method for managing the complex relationships between the interested parties in a significant, long term change initiative
- Trained over 5000+ Professionals on Best Practice Project Management and Scheduling
- Experienced and Accredited Trainers
- We partner with the Best in the Business to deliver the Programme Management Training Workshop
- Excellent Administration, Support and Facilitation
- Reasonable Pricing Effective Coaching
- Blended Learning Model – using both Classroom and Online Training
- eLearning Virtual Online Live Instructor Led and Web Internet based training model
- Hands-on Training based on real time Project Scenarios